Friday, October 2, 2020

our curtain rod broke

I was so frustrated. So over it. I was ready to just drop $2k and redo the whole damn bedroom and be done with it. I know what paint color I want. I know what curtains and bedframe I want. Done with the no spending challenge. Because I DESERVE it. 

Then I asked Derek about making some from a wooden dowel, how much it would cost, and how we would make brackets. Then he said brackets are easy and he has 1/2 iron pipe out the wazoo downstairs. A quick Google search, and I see the kind of bracket I like. We can make it. We have the materials.

One of our Green Family Values is Resourcefulness. We can do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

one month in

It's been a month of "no buy" outside the rules listed. We've been incredibly resourceful and haven't spent on anythin...