Sunday, September 27, 2020

Progress

I didn't stop at Lull and buy donuts and cider.
I didn't stop at shoebox when I saw there "final clearance" sign.
I didn't stop at Moulton's when the library was closed.
I'm not going to buy anything to finish organizing the breezeway. 

I did need to buy socks. $50 in socks! But I only bought the socks. 

I started unsubscribing from promo emails that fall into my inbox. 

I didn't buy new winter clothes for the boys, and found a spare bin in the basement for Tim! 

I'll be able to pay the credit card off in time this month. The past 2 months I had to wait until 2 days after the due date when Derek got paid, and it has wracked up $130 in interest. 

Our first financial goal was to take anything in the account over $2k at the end of the month and put it towards my car loan. Then Derek's pay was cut. And we haven't been above $2k in the bank account at the end of the month since.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

one month in

It's been a month of "no buy" outside the rules listed. We've been incredibly resourceful and haven't spent on anythin...